Monday, 16 March 2009

Covering the costs of camp

I wanted to take my small class of twenty four children to camp, but no campsite would accept us unless we paid for a minimum of fifty children. I spoke to my kids and they decided (with the help of their parents who generously donated lovely prizes) to raise the money we needed by running a raffle. I am so proud of them. It became an opportunity to learn a little about the legalities of raffle competitions and they took such a pride in selling their tickets to their families, friends and neighbours. Well done to them and thanks to their supportive parents. We were able to go on camp and they felt proud of helping to pay for it. What a great bunch of young people they are!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's the way kids learn. Good for them and the teachers.